Monday 10 June 2013

Mr Adam Young

Afternoon everyone.

Sooo, another day, another week.....another design. This time, it is a bit of a special treat though as the design is in fact my house mate......Mr Adam Young.





I thought this would be a bit of a change from celebrities or random characters I've created and Adam was the easiest target (sorry Adam).

To sum up, Adam loves his music and is actually a very accomplished guitarist (no one tell him I said that though...his head will get even bigger.) AND he even supported Chaz and Dave once. (That is a true story and if you buy him a beer he'll be more than happy to tell you it.) It was for this reason a guitar was an absolute must whilst trying to capture his overall personality. The background design is in fact a nod to the 'Guitar Hero' background - which I thought would be appropriate for this. I've also done a black and white version, which I actually think works slightly better.

Overall, it took me a weeks worth of afternoons (2 to 3 hours at a time) to get it done.

I have a few other plans for this design, and I'm also determined to turn other former colleagues and friends into cartoons in the upcoming weeks and months. The next victim has already been chosen, and you will all be the first to know when it is done.


A selection of prep sketches I did of Adam before going into the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment